Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Organised Disorder

I discovered this week that my local council employs an 'Anti-Social Behaviour Co-ordinator'.
Prior to this, I had thought that the fact that various windows get smashed in the village on Saturday nights was attributable to weekend alcohol consumption.
I now realise that the concentration of vandalism in a single night is down to the efforts of this splendid young woman.

You see, it makes sound economic sense.
Police overtime payments are confined to a single night of the week.
There's only one call-out charge to the local glazing company.
Windows can all be repaired on a Sunday morning without disruption to businesses on a working day.
Clearly an excellent use of my Council Tax.

4 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Somewhere down the line, local councils will have Anti-Social Behaviour Co-ordination departments.

There are so many problems connected with anti-social behaviour. For instance, in the evenings our town centre is full of boy racers thundering around corners at high speed. Perhaps the council could employ car mechanics and have pit stops along the route to aid them, or could install crash barriers so that pedestrians wouldn't be injured.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Willie Lupin said...

betty: I have to endure boy racers in my village in the evenings, though the motorcycles are worse from a noise point of view.
I've been meaning to write on this topic soon so watch this space.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Please stop making me laugh. I have a reputation to defend.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Willie Lupin said...

vicus: I was thinking of proposing the appointment of a Dog Fouling Co-ordinator. But maybe that's a shit idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home