Thursday, November 06, 2008

Yes You Can. With Nicorette.

I have discovered a point of connection with the President-Elect. No, not that. The intelligence, charisma, etc, go without saying.
I've discovered that, like me, he uses Nicorette chewing gum. From this I assume that he's an ex-smoker.

Just as well, when you think about it. If getting a 'black' man elected President was an achievement, imagine the difficulty of getting a smoker elected in contemporary America.
(Oh, hell. Just thinking about the anti-smoking lobby makes me want to light a cigarette. Quick. Where did I put the Nicorette?)

Somebody said the only thing that could have derailed his campaign was if he was found to be sleeping with a gay terrorist. But the other thing that would have finished him would have been a photo of him having a sly fag (in the British sense) behind his campaign bus.
The anti-smoking nutters in America would probably have assassinated him long before election day.
Now he's leader of the free world and surrounded by a ring of steel he can do what he likes. For example, lighting one up in the Oval Office on his first day.
Go on, Barack, strike a light for liberty.
Yes, you can.

6 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

You are a very naughty boy. I pointed all of my loyal readers over here yesterday, and now find that you are encouraging them to cancer themselves to death.
I hope that Mr Obama has a greater sense of fun than choosing to light a cigarette in the office on his first day. What would you do? Telephone one of your former schoolteachers and tell them that you had a file on them? Paint a gap between the front teeth on Lincoln's portrait? Hang a poster of Malcolm X behind the desk?

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Willie Lupin said...

I wasn't encouraging anyone to smoke. I would strongly advise people not to smoke. I only suggested that Obama light a symbolic cigarette to spite the anti-smoking lunatics. And you surely can't be one of those since you describe yourself as an 'extreme liberal.'

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Tim F said...

Clinton smoked cigars. And that's not all he did with them...

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Willie Lupin said...

tim: yes, I was going to insert Clinton's cigar into that piece but then remembered how much trouble inserting cigars had caused Clinton.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there is far more likelihood of getting a black, gay, woman as President than a smoker. They are fanatical, these Americans. Smoking is less acceptable than masturbating in public. It's the reason I gave up, in fact, but without the help of nicorette, just good old fashioned alcohol. YOu have to be addicted to something, after all. Love the blog, by the way, just started reading it.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Willie Lupin said...

flakey: thank you.
I hope you haven't masturbated in public to prove that assertion.

Since I wrote this we have learned that Obama has not managed to completely stop smoking. Does that make me a stronger character than the President?

I gave up drink years ago but I'm now addicted to fruit gums.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home